You may have come across the question: What would you say to your younger self if you could meet with them and share your life advice?
It’s a great question to ask and it’s a lovely way to reflect and see what you’ve learnt as you’ve experienced more of life.
Just think about this now, pick an age, perhaps when you were going through particularly a hard time in your past and imagine her coming out of you and standing before you. What would you like to tell her about this time she is going through? Notice the advice you can give her now and the beautiful insights you have for her.
Next, let’s swap this around now because not only is our older, present self more resourceful with more life experience, she’s also got more baggage to put it simply.
- What advice and beautiful insights does your younger self have for you?
- Notice the goals that she has for you, what were they and have you achieved them or how have they changed over time?
- What did she believe about life and her future – how does she feel about what you have done with it so far?
- What made her happy and could you bring more of those things back into your life?
You see, with time comes wisdom, but what about remembering the resources that youth can bring to our life!
And remembering too, there is no point in comparing yourself to others since we are all on a very different and personal journey, so if you really want to have a life gauge to make sure you’re on path, compare yourself to who you were and who you would like to become!
- Journal down your thoughts and insights from these questions above.
- Take stock of all the wonderful achievements you have accomplished through life.
- Engage your past selves in the process of your current life to see what wonderful attributes they can bring back into your life.
- Think about who you want to become in terms of what you bring to the world and reflect on if you are on path with being this person now.
- Be gentle, be loving and be kind to your beautiful self! You have something unique to share with us and you have so much life experience that made you who you are today.
- Celebrate that!
All my love and faith in your potential,